Tuesday 1 July 2008

Kerry Katona: 'I've Considered Suicide'

Kerry Katona has admitted that she once became so depressed she thought about committing suicide.


The former Atomic Kitten singer said that having to endure countless stories being sold to the press by her friends, her ex husband Brian McFadden and even her own mother, made her want to end it all.


She says, "You do feel suicidal; you lie there thinking 'I don't want to live any more.'


"I've watched my mum over the years, trying to kill herself countless times, and to me it's a coward's way out and it made me feel unloved and unworthy.


"So I could never dream of doing that to my children."


Katona, 27, also said that she would be taking legal action against her mother -- who claimed Kerry had been involved in prostitution to fund her drug habits.


Mother-of-four Kerry added to Britain's Heat magazine, "I don't understand when I could have been on the game. Up until I was 16, I was in school and at 17, I got famous and was all over the world, so where would have I got the time?


"I think she was very ill and jealous of my success. She needs the money. When mum sold the first story I was heartbroken. Now I feel cheated, and the pain doesn't get any easier. I've stood by my mum for years."




See Also